Parts Advisor Job Description
Job Title: Parts Advisor
Department: Parts Department, Community Honda
Supervisor: Parts Manager
Perform a variety of customer service, in store and stocking duties related to the receiving, sale and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe, and profitable operation of the dealerships parts department. Ongoing responsibility for assisting with the counter parts sales, wholesale- and body shop sales as wells as customer service responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Sell products that meet the customer's needs.
· Maintain customer satisfaction by greeting and acknowledge all customers he/she comes in contact with.
· Assist in keeping parts department clean and orderly.
· Record all sales and/or customer transactions that occur.
· Provide service technicians with parts as required.
· Assist Parts Manager with merchandising displays.
· Perform routine housekeeping tasks that maintain and enhances the cleanliness of products and the retail sales area.
· When working the parts counter, follow prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership. Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale.
· Attend training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job description.
· Use dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently.
· Perform other tasks as required by Parts Manger.
· Keep himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
· Verify receiving documents.
· Follow up on shortages and expedite by reporting to Parts Manager.
· Assist in handling customer complaints/concerns and make sure the problem is corrected to the customer and dealership’s satisfaction
· Greet customers immediately in a courteous manner
· Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices
Qualifications and Job Requirements
· Ability to speak effectively one on one
· Ability to effectively listen
· Ability to interpret customer needs
· Basic computer skills
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Good organizational skills
· Bilingual preferred but not required
· Work environment with moderate noise level and frequent climate changes
· Requires the use of both hands
· Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle items/equipment and lift in excess of 80lbs. of material
Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously and with dignity
Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees and owners
Be early, flexible and available for scheduling
Maintain up to date technical training
Focus on Quality & Service
Be neat and clean
Wear uniform and name badge every day
Demonstrate an interest in growing the parts business